Mainlands Section 6 is a welcoming community, and we’re always prepared with open arms for new residents, whether they be on-site property owners, remote property owners, or tenants.
However, it’s very important that all potential owners and/or residents are fully aware of some of the key points to be found within our governing documents regarding occupancy within our community, such as:
- All parcels in Mainlands Section 6 are intended for use by single-families.
- At least one full-time resident within each home must be 55 years of age or older.
- No full-time residents under the age of 18 are allowed within any home.
- All those applying for residency must complete an Application for Residency.
- All those applying for residency must undergo a credit and criminal background check.*
- Financial merit assessments require all applicants to posess a FICO score of 685 or higher.*
- All those applying for residency must participate in a new-resident screening meeting.*
- No applicant make take up residency until their application ahs been determined to be compliant and they have been issued a Certificate of Residency*
- No applicant enter into a contract with any tenant(s) until both the property owner and the tenant(s) have had their applications approved and they have been issued a Certificate of Occupancy*
No property may be rented out until 18 months after the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
* Also applies to those wishing to purchase a home with the intentions of renovating and then re-selling.
NOTE: Please realize, this page only highlights some of the key points found within our governing documents. All potential owners and/or residents are expected to be fully familiar with all aspects of the Mainlands Section 6 application process and forms, and all Association governing documents, prior to making an offer on a home or entering into a lease/rental agreement.